Claudia McClain and EPSF:
"It has been my joy and privilege to serve on the Everett Public Schools Foundation's Board of Directors since 2007.
During this time, I have learned so much about the Foundation's work! I continue to be impressed to see how the Foundation enriches the lives of countless students, teachers and families.
Thanks to the Everett Public Schools Foundation's wise management of funds, a wide range of recipients are touched every year by EPSF support. Here is list of EPSF accomplishments during the 2013/2014 school year:
- Over $28,000 in Classroom Grants were awarded (grants ranging between $500 - $1,000 per recipient), impacting over 12,000 students and teachers
- Kindergarten and Summer School tuition assistance programs totaled over $77,500
- High School and College-Bound programs and scholarship opportunities totaled over $87,000
- The EPSF "Stuff the Bus" Backpack drive brought an in-kind value of $75,375 in new school supplies and backpacks to more than 1,700 students in need, setting them up for a great start to the school year."
- Support of Arts Programs (Art Shows, Choir / Drama Programs, and Writing Contest) totaled over $17,000
I'm looking forward to a new year of opportunities for the Everett Public Schools, in the spirit of innovation, excellence and achievement!"