Join Our Team!
McClain Insurance is a nationally recognized and award-winning personal lines insurance agency in Everett, Washington, serving four generations of clients.
We are seeking a licensed property & casualty agent (or experienced insurance industry or customer service professional willing to be licensed) to join our team and help serve our growing client base.
If you have past insurance industry experience, please know that we are not your “typical” agency. Our agents are individually and collectively responsible for all aspects of our clients’ experience, whether that involves selling a new policy or providing exceptional and prompt service to existing clients.
We have no producers and no customer service representatives. We all work together to give our clients timely, accurate advice and an excellent experience no matter who they contact.
As a McClain Insurance agent, your role includes:
- Servicing accounts and cross-selling additional policies using programs and company platforms
- Proactive client contacts to review policies and upcoming changes and make recommendations
- Quoting policies through multiple companies and making recommendations that meet the client’s needs and interests
- Policy changes and billing assistance
- Quoting new business and following up on leads and referrals
- Providing claims guidance
- Participating in agency-sponsored community events
Our ideal applicant is:
- Tech-savvy: Comfortable working with multiple software programs and communicating with clients via text, email and phone
- An excellent communicator and listener: Friendly, empathetic and able to translate complex insurance details into information the client can understand and use
- Trustworthy, ethical, and discreet: We are privileged to be a part of our clients’ lives and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Detail oriented: Insurance contracts are complex and require careful interpretation.
- Comfortable working within a team environment: Our agency is unique. Each team member is expected to answer questions and provide service for all clients.
- Eager to grow and learn: We offer continuing education options and consistently introduce training opportunities for our team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment: This role requires flexibility, a positive attitude, and the ability to pivot quickly to meet changing needs.
- Motivated to contribute: Our agency is on a trajectory of continued growth. We’re looking for someone who is eager to be a part of that future.
- Community focused: As Claudia McClain often says, our agency is only as strong as our community. We believe in supporting nonprofits in our community and “paying forward” the support our clients give us.
Our generous compensation package includes:
- A professional salary commensurate with experience and opportunity to earn significant individual and team bonuses on a monthly basis
- Total average first-year earnings range from $65K to 80K through a combination of base salary, incentives and bonus earnings
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term and short-term disability
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and sick leave that begins accruing immediately
- Access to an employee assistance plan and flexible spending account (FSA)
- Continuing education expenses and support of your pursuit of professional designations
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- Branded clothing allowance
Team Culture & Office Environment
We are a tight-knit team that thrives on supporting each other and our community. We are passionate about insurance and are committed to serving as our clients' advocates every step of the way, from taking a proactive approach to improving their protection to walking them through the claims process.
The fast-paced nature of our work requires us to shift gears frequently. We utilize the insurance industry's latest technology to work as efficiently as possible:
- State-of-the-art laptops with dual monitors
- Standing desks
- Paperless processes, including e-signature of applications
- Ability to communicate with clients via text message, social media and our agency app
Despite the pace, we are committed to creating a fun, welcoming office culture. We celebrate birthdays and other special occasions, enjoy team breakfasts, and attend McClain Insurance-sponsored community events together.
Visit Safeco's Community Giving website to see more videos featuring the McClain Insurance team
We strongly believe in giving back to the community that supports us. In fact, Liberty Mutual/Safeco Insurance recently featured our agency's community involvement program in their Community Giving guide for independent agents.
Our recent and upcoming events include:
- Everett Animal Shelter puppy and kitten livestreams
- The Everett 3on3 basketball tournament
- Stuff the Bus for Kids School Supply Drive
- The Gulch Countdown
- Everett Public Schools Foundation annual benefit event
- Cocoon House's An Evening in Silk benefit auction
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Snohomish County DreamBuilders Auction
To learn more about daily happenings in our office, visit our Facebook page.
About McClain Insurance
Claudia McClain founded McClain Insurance Services in 1977. Since then, our mission has been simple and clear: to help clients re-establish their lives as quickly and as completely as possible after a loss. It is our goal to build a custom insurance protection plan that fits each client's needs.
As independent insurance agents, we partner with the Pacific Northwest's best insurance companies, including PEMCO, Safeco, Travelers, and Progressive. This allows us to offer choices to every client.
Hours & Location
We love calling Western Washington home! Our office is located in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Everett, with easy freeway access to I-5 and I-405. We are walking distance to Costco and a short drive from many restaurants and stores, including Emory's on Silver Lake, Starbucks, Target, and Safeway.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We currently work in a hybrid environment: All of our agents are in the office two days a week and work from home three days a week. New employees should expect to work from the office more frequently during their initial employment period.
We are not actively recruiting at this time. However, we are always interested in hearing from candidates who might be the perfect fit for our agency. If the opportunity to join our team intrigues you, please email your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to Meghan Pembroke.
Be sure to tell us about:
- Your relevant professional experience, including any insurance-industry or customer-service experience, as well as any non-professional experience that would help you in this role
- Why you’d be the perfect fit for our team and client community
A note about insurance experience: We would prefer to hire a licensed agent with prior insurance experience. However, our #1 goal is to find the right person for our team and client community. If you have a strong background in customer service, are a resourceful problem solver, have excellent technology skills and attention to detail, and are community-oriented, we encourage you to apply.